Vans is a shoe and apparel brand that has become synonymous with subtle design and durability. It is well-received in the market that may have even seen sports celebrities, spotlighted persons, and top musicians all over the world wearing Vans shoes.
It is also sold in 84 countries and with about 2,000 retail locations. But if you wanted to escape the Vans Old Skool but still achieve that same look? Well, there’s a number of sneakers that you can find that look like Vans.
These shoes are even comparable to Van’s simplicity, easy-to-wear look, and affordability.
If you’re interested to know more about the best Shoes Like Vans – Vans Alternatives, keep on reading. I’ve provided you below some of my favorite Van Alternatives!
Top 5 Best Shoes Like Vans – Vans Alternatives
1. Adidas Gazelle
If you love Vans Classic Slip-on, then this Adidas Gazelle has that same feel and almost the same look. It is a low-top sneaker with a fabric sole, making it comfortable to wear. Even without thinking of the Vans brand, Adidas itself has earned a name in the shoe industry.
This style Adidas Gazelle has also been a staple in the industry since its release. I like the simple aesthetic and timelessness of this design. The outer material of this shoe is made of nubuck leather.
People who love a retro-looking shoe that is comfortable at the same time.
- Come switch two sets of laces
- Reasonably priced
- Sleek throwback style, although now comes with updated color options
- Pigskin leather that offers comfort
- The footbed is lightly cushioned for added support
- A reviewer said the sole is susceptible to squeaking
2. DC Men’s Court Graffik Casual Skate Shoe
The DC Men’s Court Graffik Casual Skate Shoe is one of the highest-ranking shoes for skateboarders. But you don’t have to be a skater to admire the design of this footwear.
Its design is an all-black finish, giving it that beautiful and neat look that is easy to pair with any outfit. A standout design is also the signature DC logo on the side with a little one at the front.
As for its lacing, it uses thick lace and buckled inside the vamp. This design prevents the lace from being entangled, especially when on the board. The sole is likewise made of rubber for a firm grip.
Street skaters/ skateboarders, whether professionals or beginners.
- With signature DC logo on the side
- Safe lacing to prevent laces from being entangled on the board
- Durable (material used is pure leather)
- Can be worn for long durations
- You can opt for the white version if you don’t prefer black
- Some online reviewers shared that the shoes are a little stiff in the first wear
3. Nike Air Force
Another fashion killer in this list is the Nike Air Force. Nike itself is one of the most sought-after brands because of its high-quality and fashionable shoes.
The Nike Air Force is made of 100% leather and with a rubber sole, which helps reduce the wear that your shoes experience in your daily walks. This pair of shoes is inspired by basketball and it has that retro minimalist style.
Athletes and young adults who like comfortable and light shoes. This pair of shoes is also best to be worn during Spring and Summer.
- Comfortable and long-lasting
- Cotton lace- flat lace
- Minimalist style
- The Nike Air Force may fit a little big. Some reviewers advise that you order about a size ½ smaller than your size
4. Converse Cons One Star Pro Low
A pair of the Converse Men’s One Star Nubuck Ox Low Top sneakers make an impact on the sneaker culture. This shoes’ design was inspired by skateboarding and has an all suede upper.
What’s special about the One Star model is also it has a flat cut, giving it an overall simple look. Nevertheless, it still offers that great support. The heel area is well-manufactured and it uses Lunarlon insole, one of the great changes in the One Star.
For a simple model like this, this product is surprisingly durable. It is made of leather and the outside layer of the toe area shows an innovative design.
People who prefer a minimalist, casual style.
- Uses Lunarlon insoles to withstand repeat impact on the sole, which are experienced by basketball players and marathoners who jump or run continuously for long periods.
- Diamond-like structure in the toe area that avoids abrasions longer
- Well-balanced gum mixture/ deep footprint
- Durable and comfortable
- Simple yet stylish
- Rubber sole
- Better quality suedes
- Not as breathable as other Vans alternatives in this list
5. Converse Chuck Taylor
If you like Vans Era, then, you’d never go wrong with choosing the Converse Chuck Taylor. This shoe is eye-catching, stylish, and comfortable too!
The Converse Chuck Taylor also has that retro silhouette look and this pair could last you for years. It looks good for any gender or age. The high-top sneakers are likewise versatile and comfortable.
People who love to workout, skateboard, or move around as this pair of shoes from Converse is very comfortable on the feet.
- Comparable to Vans Era
- Affordable price
- Easy to clean off/look new every time you wash them
- Breathable and light
- Few users find the soles of this Converse not flexible
- Some buyers said you may have to invest in cushioned inserts for arch support, although the pair in itself is already comfortable as is.
Shoe Features to Look for When Buying Vans Alternatives
How do you know which Van’s alternatives are good? Well, you may consider these shoe features:
Design is an important feature to consider when looking for footwear that is comparable to Vans. After all, you gotta like your shoes, right? If possible, pick a pair of shoes that goes well with the outfit (such as a casual look) that you often wear.
Shoes should be light so you can freely move and you can pull off many tricks, especially if you are into skateboarding. However, it should also “not be too light” that it may be flimsy.
The sole of the shoes should be made of grippy rubber and not just ordinary shoe rubber. This is most especially important if you’re going to use it in skateboarding so you have better board control.
Bottom line: Which One Should You Buy?
Because of the lasting appeal of Converse Cons One Star, I consider it as my top pick. However, this is just a personal preference. In terms of design, price, versatility, and comfort, all Vans alternatives I listed above are worth considering.
It’s just that the Converse Cons One Star is a go-to stake shoe that really makes a good alternative to Vans. It also has that premium suede that was fully adapted with the Lunarlon cushioning of Nike.
The gum sole of this pair of shoes is also very grippy. Right out of the box, the Converse Cons One Star may look shallow, but it features a good heel lock for added stability and comfort to your feet.
If you like this article, you might want to check out our other articles at Planetshoes.net.