A sand dune is formed by the deposition of sand into a lump or mound due to wind. One small mound of sand leads to the formation of a giant sand mound due to more deposition. It is usually observed in the desert. Soft sand can also form into a dune.
While we walk on sand, it becomes difficult for the same.
As the sand is made of an accumulation of several lumps of sand particles, the sand mound tends to break down as we put force with our feet. This is caused due to low reaction force of the sand.
Best shoes for sand dunes should necessarily be a pair of shoes that are comfortable in motion. It should provide grip. Sand can be seen in the hot desert, beaches, etc. To avoid walking difficulties in the hot desert sand or beach sand, it is vital to choose a good pair of shoes.
Some shoes are specially designed to walk on sand dunes. These shoes should create friction between the sand and the shoes to balance the steps. The shoes should be light and sturdy and prevent sand from entering the insole. Our feet leave a trail behind.
Walking with everyday footwear or improper shoes that do not have any grip may lead to pain in the feet and causes difficulty in walking through the sand.
If you are more interested in knowing more about the best shoes for sand dunes, read on.
Top 5 Best Shoes For Sand Dunes
#1 Lowa Men’s Zephyr GTX Mid TF Hiking Boot
The hiking shoe contains speed-lacing hardware, which is facilitated by looped eyelets. These boots are ideal for hiking and are suitable to walk in the sand as it has a Lowa Cross outsole for traction. The shoes are featured with a moisture-wicking footbed. These boots are made entirely of leather.
- The boots are of leather material
- It has a Polyurethane Monowrap frame at the midsole
- The outsole is of Lowa Cross, which is helpful for traction
- These boots have a Gore-Tex lining for warmth comfort
- These are lightweight boots and highly durable.
- Sole color changes after some days of usage
- It is expensive to buy
- The shoes do not stand for a more extended time
#2 Clarks Men’s Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot
These boots contain a full-grain leather sock liner that makes the feet comfortable. The upper material is made of suede, and it is lined with leather. The presence of cushioned insoles makes it more supportive to walk.
- The toe Box fit perfect
- The width and space for the feet is appropriate
- It is comfortable and supportive in movement
- It has a water-resistance capacity
- It is most suitable in black color
- The color of the shoe may show differently depending on the lighting
- The finishing looks like scratches
- Bad Sole quality
- These are available in mid-height
#3 Goodyear Montana Men’s Waterproof Leather Hiker Boot
This product provides high traction with Radial Tire Tread TPR outsoles that facilitate perfect grip while hiking, trekking, or walking. It has cushioned insoles that provide comfort and reduces impact. These are desert boots.
- This boot is an ankle boot as it has stable ankle support
- Excellent and comfortable cushioning is provided in the insoles
- These boots are breathable and waterproof
- These boots have High traction equipped outsoles
- Slip-resistant boots with grip
- The shoes are not long-lasting
- The shoe parts fall apart within a few days of usage.
#4 Vasque Men’s Juxt Multisport Shoe
These sports shoes are entirely made of premium fabric and can be used for multi-purposes. It has a 1.6mm suede leather upper. EVA midsole and TPU Plate are molded to provide stability. These shoes are made of rubber soles.
- It has Vasque off the grid with a rubber sole for comfort.
- These are versatile
- Traction plates are provided for stability during hiking.
- It can be more helpful in running than hiking. Though, it is helpful for multi-purposes.
#5 Lacoste Men’s Sherbrooke Boots
These boots are of leather, but they have embossed crocodile branding at the heel. It has Round laces and classic raw eyelets.
- It is helpful for casual purposes.
- It is made of leather.
- The shaft height is 5 inches.
- These shoes are not comfortable.
- These boots are not recommended for hiking or walking on sand dunes. These are walking shoes.
- It does not have traction.
What to Look For: Best Shoes When Walking on Sand Dunes
Weight and Endurance
To walk through the sand, more energy is required to create friction. The shoes must be light in weight. These boots should have the capacity to endure the difficulty of walking through the sand.
Support is essential to have a grip while walking. The support of the shoes makes it comfortable and effortless to walk through the sand dunes. The shoes must have a supportive sole that makes the feet fit right into the shoes.
Sizing and Fit
The shoe size should fit perfectly to keep the feet inside and have a comfortable movement. The right fitting does not cause any pain in the feet. Buying a size small or big does not cause any benefit. It rather affects the feet due to discomfort.
The sole of the shoes must be able to create friction. The sand dunes have less friction, and thereby, it does not allow grip for the person to walk through. The shoes must have a sole that gives grip while walking.
The quality and standard of the shoes matter a lot when choosing to buy for a purpose. The material used in the making of a particular shoe must be resistant to wear and tear.
Final Verdict: Which One Should You Buy?
Choosing a product needs a lot of time to decide. One should remember their needs and buy a product.
The shoes that are suitable to walk through sand dunes must-have features as discussed above. These features make the shoes unique and purposeful. Vasque Men’s Juxt Multisport Shoe is the most recommended best shoe for sand dunes.