Do you know jeans and heavy boots were invented for coal miners to protect them from insect bites and other issues in the mines?
Similarly, these shoe options are now available too for men working in hard labor — just like auto mechanics.
Auto mechanics work in garages and other places that are full of sharp or risky tools and elements.
There’s also a risk of injury whenever these automechanics work with. That’s why, if you’re an auto mechanic, it’s best to keep yourself safe with some heavy-duty steel toe work boots
In this article, we name the 5 work boots that auto mechanics should try!
Top 5 Best Shoes for Auto Mechanics
This reliable work boot comes from the known brand Timberland. The Timberland PRO Men’s shoe is made up of alloy and offers great performance in water too.
- It is 100% leather and features a Vibram sole.
- The shoe has an alloy safety toe to offer lightweight.
- The membrane of this shoe from Timberland Pro is waterproof.
- The anti-fatigue geometric technology of the shoe helps in keeping you comfortable always.
- These are quite durable to wear throughout the day.
No such cons are noticed as of now in this work boot.
Here comes another work boot for men from a reliable brand. This boot is made up of composite and comes with a composite toe that is for ultimate safety for the toe.
- This shoe is available in full-grain leather upper material and is available in two variants that are brown and black.
- The shoe comes with features such as a rubber sole, GEX-flex2 outsole, and cushion insole.
- The safety toe is composite for ultimate protection.
- The footbed is removable for your convenience.
The pair of work boots from the brand Thorogood is not waterproof, and they are not as slip-resistant.
The brand, Wolverine, is known for its tough and durable products. These work boots are composite-made and have a protective toe that is also waterproof.
- The shoe is 100% leather and has a rubber sole.
- The contour is flexible and athlete.
- The toe is waterproof and also protects from slipping on oil and other materials.
- The footbed is removable for your comfort.
The work boot does not have the option of air circulation in it.
When it comes to athletic shoes, the brand Reebok always comes on the list. This industrial work shoe from the brand is not just durable but is also highly comfortable for the user.
- This shoe is 100% mesh-made and has a synthetic sole.
- The foot flex offers greater mobility.
- The design offers a sleek and athletic look.
- The footbed has a memory tech feature that contours with your foot.
- The midsole offers support and comfort.
You may find this work boot to be a bit expensive.
Have you ever seen an original work boot? If not, then this shoe from Justin is one that you can go for while buying. This work boot with a shaft of 8 inches comes with several features for great comfort for the auto mechanics.
- This shoe is made up of 100% leather.
- It has a rubber sole to make it anti-slippery.
- The design of the shoe makes it highly attractive in looks.
- The speed lacing makes it even convenient for the user to wear it.
It does not offer electric hazard protection.
What to Look for in the Best Work Boots for Mechanics?
The very first thing to check out in any work boot for auto mechanics is the feature of a steel toe. It protects the worker from getting hurt in the toe in case of an accident while walking.
Outsole – Oil, Slip, And Heat Resistant
Oil and other materials on the floor can make the workers slip over it. The sole of the shoe should be slip-resistant to keep you protected from such accidents.
You may have to stand on your toe or have to enter some narrow spaces for work. The shoe should be flexible enough to offer you comfort in all such situations.
Usually, you will have to wear the boot for a pretty long time when you are in the workplace. It can lead to pain in the feet quite often. But a good shoe with cushioning and memory technology features will keep you away from such pain.
Again when you are wearing the work boot for a long time, your feet will sweat continuously that can lead to bacterial growth. This can cause several issues such as itching and even a bad odor. The work boot for auto mechanics should be such that it has proper air circulation to offer odor control.
Final Thoughts: Which One Should You Buy?
Working in an industrial area or at a place such as an auto mechanic workshop is not an easy task. You may have to meet accidents, and your feet are most prone to such incidents. Hence, getting a proper work boot for auto mechanics is the best option to have.
Among all of these choices we presented, we would recommend Timberland PRO Men’s Hyperion Waterproof Work Boot.
This work boot is light in weight and comfortable to wear. Also, it offers a feature of anti-fatigue and does not have any such major cons as of now.
If you have liked this article and wish to read more interesting articles from this category, do not forget to check out the site https://planetshoes.net/.